Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Back in the Saddle

Three weeks later, and still no batteries for the electric bike kit. That hasn't stopped me from biking to and from work every workday so far in May, in spite of certain challenges due to having birthday and Mother's Day presents delivered to work instead of home. At least there's spiffy new clothing to go along with the old bike while I struggle up the hill.

Meanwhile, at the opposite end of the spectrum, it seems I'm starting to get the hang of the car. I'm sure there will be backsliding, but it felt like progress to not be the slowest regular autocrosser in the car during timed runs for the first time.

In other news, I did survive a trip to Tucson with both kids on my own. It went remarkably well, up to the point where the kids saw Mom when we got back. It's taken about two weeks to get back to normal from there. I was a bit surprised that Moira didn't want to go see her aunt's horses, but not at all surprised that she wanted to spend as much time as she could in the pool. Davis liked floating on the pool raft, but wanted no part of anything closer to actual swimming.


No comments:

Post a Comment